Friday, November 6, 2009

Batch 2

This will be a short post, but I've got some good pictures to go with it! This time I wrote some captions in with the pictures so you're not in the dark! With the exception of some pretty harsh sinus sickness, things have been going really well and I'm staying healthy otherwise. I've ventured to eat apples with the skin and all and I'm still regular, so I may branch out and try some other fruits. I was working out in a hotel, but on Tuesday, they found out I wasn't a guest so I joined a real gym earlier this week. I've been working out/running every morning at 8 to balance some of the meals eaten on the streets. A friend of mine and I went out last Sunday and explored various mountains in Zhuhai, it was great and the mountains were beautiful. I have pictures, but I'll include them in coming posts. I've gotta run for now, but hopefully can post again soon.

Love,
Robert



This is my first meal in my apartment and first real protein in China. "Ham" and Fried Eggs. Not buying that "ham" again.

Photobucket



Me cooking up some broccoli/cabbage chicken. It turned out pretty powerful so I've been using less sauce. They don't have 'low sodium' here.

Photobucket



The finished product on a wonderful paper plate.

Photobucket



This is BoBo, he was tasty. haha

Photobucket



The view North of the Macau border. My apt. is about 1.5 miles down the main road pictured on the right.

Photobucket



Some of the colorful lights in Zhuhai.

Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket



I met this guy Jason when I was buying my cell phone. He speaks very limited English, but we were glad to exchange what we know. We are on our way to Karaoke with his Sister next to him and friend in the front seat.

Photobucket



I selected a song called '500 miles' and had to guess the lyrics because it's not the song I was thinking of.

Photobucket





Photobucket



Here are some pictures from the Happy Chinese and English Corner class that I went to the Sunday before last. I learned some good business Chinese and had some people for dinner after.


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




I cooked some noodles with Chicken, expecting to make some sort of chow mein, but the noodles were way too soft and mushed a little. It tasted good but I'd give it a D for presentation.

Photobucket


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment