Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday the 9th



It's been a busy week here. I finally got my plane ticket for Beijing sorted out. I'll be flying on the morning of Chinese New Year's, the 14th. Wish me luck figuring out VISA issues with either school when I get accepted!
Here are some pictures from last week, Saturday the 9th. I had a workout then met up with hank.
We went to the bookstore then to a huge department store. Near the bottom we found a little restaurant and grabbed some noodles and spicy bamboo.

Photobucket



From there we walked over to Jiu Zhou Cheng. The pictures are starting to look really familiar. (Time for a change of scenery!)

Photobucket



Hank

Photobucket



Haibin park.

Photobucket



Muslims ride around on these bicycles selling either dried fruits or this giant nut concoction.

Photobucket



A small beach on Lover's Road.

Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket



zhuhai's Fisher girl statue. I can't count how many times I've been brought here. I guess it's a big tourist attraction.

Photobucket



It was a saturday so there were a lot of people out fishing with their giant nets.

Photobucket



Haibin Swimming area... Ironically the water seemed even more dirty here than in other places around Zhuhai.

Photobucket



Photobucket





Photobucket



The sand is neat though, nice and grainy so it doesn't make a mess.

Photobucket



Not sure what this building was. There was a whole group of similar ones around it along with some boats that had been abandoned.

Photobucket



This is a waste canal for Zhuhai...

Photobucket



That funnels right into the ocean not 50 yards from the 'Swimming area.' Pretty sick.

Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



There were also a good number of people (10 or so) fishing on the dirtier side of the barricade because "the fish are bigger here." They told me they planned on eating the fish too. ewwwww

Photobucket



A 360 degree panoramic from out on the barricade.

Photobucket



Hank and I parted ways and I went to go buy groceries from a hidden market I just found across the street.

Photobucket




More pictures to come soon!
Love,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment