Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010 Week 1


Hey everybody! Hope all is well in the homeland. I've been pretty busy this week spending time with friends and trying to get my Beijing plans figured out. I haven't heard back from either university I applied to yet, but I'm going to take a leap of faith and get set up to move to Beijing. It looks like I'll be flying there somewhere between the 12th and 15th of february. I'm having trouble buying my ticket online though because they only except chinese atm cards... and of course mine doesn't work. Hopefully I can find a friend with one to help me out this week. In the meantime, cross your fingers for me and enjoy some new pictures from last week.

Monday Jan. 4th. Zhou Jian Fei came over to make some potstickers with me. We used some ground pork, smelly mushrooms, greens and soy sauce.

Photobucket



MMMMM. Raw meat.

Photobucket



We made about 60 dumplings, they were much better (more meat) and cheaper than dumplings at side restaurants.

Photobucket



Finally time to eat!

Photobucket



The next day, Macky called me up and picked me up at the gym to go to his friend's little dinner party. From left me, Wu Xuan, Mrs. Wu, Owen and Macky

Photobucket



When Chinese people cook for guests its usually a handful of main course items with a few smaller dishes, rather than a dinner focused on one main course as I'm used to. Can't complain about more food though!

Photobucket



There's lisa with the chopstick antennae. This was her and her boyfriend John's dinner party.

Photobucket





Photobucket



John. He was really nice and kept asking me about basketball...

Photobucket



Lisa and Macky

Photobucket



We all watched Austin Powers. I got the priviledge of explaining the verbal humor.

Photobucket



Oh, America.

Photobucket



That's all for now. New post coming very very soon though.


No comments:

Post a Comment