Tuesday, May 4, 2010

School’s Starting

2-26-10
There’s still 2 more days before school, so I’m going to soak them up.  I met up with the Hebei students, Kevin and Xiao Ya to go take a look at some old Hutongs.
 
Photobucket
 
Beijing is filled with these small alley Hutongs that are hundreds of years old.

Photobucket
 


Photobucket

Photobucket
 
2-27-10
I met up with Xiao Ya to check her scores on the test and met some friends of hers that she met taking the test.  We all decided to go out to lunch and ended up at this dumpling place.

Photobucket
 


Photobucket
 

The girl with the glasses had to get home to catch her train, so Rachel. Xiao Ya and I went out to the Museum of Natural History


Photobucket
 
Here they have 6-7 year old kids run the tour.  The only thing cheaper than labor is child labor.

Photobucket
 
Here’s a good preservation of a neanderthal dating back over 2 million years.

Photobucket





Photobucket

Photobucket

MEAT

Photobucket




Photobucket
 
I was starving so I went outside looking for a snack.

Photobucket
 
 
This is called a Jian Bing, it’s like an egg thin pancake with spices, a few vegetables and a big crispy flaky thing in the middle.
 
Photobucket
 
These reminded me of the land before time.

Photobucketfo

Photobucket

Photobucket

3-1-10
My first day of school.  I woke up around 6 for class this morning and got to see my first real snow in Beijing!

Photobucket
It was a cold, wet walk to school this morning.

Photobucket

This is Beijing Normal University

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
My reading and writing teacher giving homework on the first day…

Photobucket
 
3-4-10
This is the smogset.. sunset from my room.

Photobucket
3-5-10 Friday
My class and I at a little restaurant on campus.  Luckily my classmates are mostly girls so I got to eat a ton.

Photobucket
 
More to come soon!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment