Saturday, May 8, 2010

Early March

 
3-5-10
 
School’s really been wearing me pretty thin. Mostly because I live so far from campus.  I have to take a bus, a subway, another subway and another bus to get to school.  It wouldn’t be so bad, but I have to be back around 6 for dinner and to teach Xiao Xiao every night.  It’s nice living with a Chinese family and I’m learning a lot, but it’s just too far.  Today I moved out and back in to Justin and Scott’s place near campus.
 
It’s good to be back.
 
Photobucket


3-6-10
 
Scott and Justin’s friend Esther from their foreign exchange program was in Beijing so we went out for some Dim Sum. The dishes just kept coming.

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
The Dim Sum Restaurant- worth the 30 minute wait.

Photobucket
 
A woman on the subway wanted me to teach her English and invited me out for some hot pot.  I’d never seen a place where everybody gets their own pot. How Lonely!

Photobucket

Photobucket
 


Photobucket

3-8-10
A nice snowy day for class.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
Photobucket
 
3-10-10
Lots of studying lately, we’re learning 150 words per week among 3 subjects. Today I took some subways and found myself at the Olympic stadium.

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket
The Olympics complex is humongous.  Billions went into it and now it’s a mere tourist relic, not even used for sports events.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
3-12-10
Today I took a bus out to a skate shop that I found online.  I wanted to get a longboard for riding to school/subway but the best one they had was a piece of junk I could buy on eBay for $50 total.  They wanted $230- more than I paid for my moped in Zhuhai.

Photobucket
 
3-13-10
Today I got off school and went for a stroll around central Beijing.
Tian’An Men Square is pretty well guarded.
Photobucket

I found myself at a walking street with some ridiculous stores.

Photobucket
 
And then a back entrance to the Forbidden city.

Photobucket
3-14-10
Today we got some really great snow.  Scott and I went built a snowman and had a snowball fight with little Chinese kids.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
 
Spring is coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment